Friday, May 23, 2008

10 Days Left

I can't believe it's almost over! But there's still a lot to be done. Here's what's will be going on with me in my last days here:

  • My friend Jen and I are hosting a dinner party for a few of our friends and a few of the Turks who have been especially helpful to us.
  • I will have a project due for my biopolymers class. It involves running a computer simulation on a fragment of a protein molecule, and then looking at a whole bunch of graphs to see what happened. The simulation itself takes over two days to run on my computer!
  • I will have three finals. Unfortunately, all three of them are scheduled for after I leave, so I will be taking them early.
  • I will have one paper due. Actually, it's not technically due until after I get back to the states (my professor said that I can email it to him), but I want to get it done before I leave.
  • I will be trying my best to finish the Turkish version of Harry Potter 7. Currently, I am on page 298/690. I think it is still possible for me to finish it, though, I might have some left to read on my 14 hour plane-ride home. If all goes according to plan, though, I will be done before my feet touch the ground in the U.S.! See the previous posts entitled "General Update" and "Language Instruction" for details about why I'm reading Harry Potter in Turkish.
  • I will be putting last minute updates on my blog. I found a much faster way to sort through my pictures using a program called Picasa, and I'm not making any promises, but I hope to get almost all of my pictures online in the next 10 days. I also want to post some stories that I haven't had the chance to tell you all before.
  • I will have to do some last minute shopping. In particular, I need an additional suitcase, because I'll be going back home with much more than I arrived here with.
  • And finally... I will be saying my goodbyes to everyone here!

Who knows how many of the above things I will get accomplished, but I will definitely be busy. Check back often, because I may be posting more frequently than I have in the past. I'll be seeing some of you soon!


.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh! I'm so glad you're reading Harry Potter in Turkish :) Isn't it a great way to learn a language? I need to get a hold of a Hindi version - for some reason it's a lot harder than you would think. Anyway, I just thought of you because Neehar sent me the link to a site with Hindi movies online, and we started watching one that happened to have Turkish subtitles! It took us a while to figure out that it was Turkish, but it definitely is. I'll send you the link if you want to watch it when you get back to the states - it's a good movie and you can practice your turkish (and perhaps learn a bit of hindi) while you watch it!

Hope you're continuing to have an amazing time - I can't wait to hear stories next year!

-Lauren